Pages

Saturday 1 August 2015

It's WORD WEEK at Just Us Girls

Maria is our Hostess for our WORD week at
and she has chosen Autumn.
 
I had already made a card for this challenge
(See Below)
but decided to play around with the
colours of Autumn so I got out my Gelatos
and had a play.
I tried various colours and placements
before  deciding on the one above.
I wet my Gina K stamp - Fall Foliage
then smeared various colours onto it before
stamping on my white card stock.
The sentiment is from Repeat Impressions
Beautiful Days Stamp Set.
Added some sequins and a rhinestone to match
my leaf colours. Also inked around the edge
and spritzing various colours to the top.
 
 
 I have this lovely Tree Stamp so I decided to
 feature that with a touch of Autumn Coloured Inking.
 
Using basic black and white card stock
and gold paper as a backing.
I simply cut out an oval from Spellbinders to mask.
Inked with Tim Holtz Aged Mahogany/Dried Marigold
Stampin' Up Yo Yo Yellow
The tree is Spring Tree - 1610W from
Repeat Impressions
and heat embossed in black
Sponged the masked colours with Stampin' Up Champagne Mist
Sentiment is a simple one from Gina K Designs
Added some coloured cottons
 button and rounded one corner to finish.
If you haven't already popped over to our Blog
please do so as there is a whole bunch of
Talented Ladies there to showcase their
Autumn inspired cards.
Also a Big Welcome to our
Guest for August Karen B.
 I am so looking forward to seeing
more of her beautiful creations this month. 
We always look forward to what 
our Monthly Guests create for us.
 
By entering our Challenges you are in the running for
Chic of the Week  and could go on to be our
Guest for October.
What are you waiting for?
See you there.

I can now enter the Anything Goes Challenge over at
The House that Stamps Built
with one of the above cards. 
 
 
 

 

 
 


11 comments:

Vicki Dutcher said...

Gorgeous distressed leaves

Unknown said...

Ina, both of these cards are just gorgeous. I love them both. You are very talented my friend!

Sharyn Polesel said...

Both cards are beautiful, but I am really in love with the first one and those gorgeous leaves.

Heather said...

Two beautiful cards! I really, really, really like that first one with the multi colored leaves. Thanks for playing with The House That Stamps Built.

Maria said...

Beautiful cards! I love them both! Great job with the challenge!

Nancy said...

Ina, Love them both...however the leaves on the first one are AMAZING! Well done my friend!

Kathy S said...

Another one I"m going to have to case. I have this stamp and haven't used it yet - this is a great idea! Thanks! As always, we love seeing your gorgeous work at The House That Stamps Built. Take care and talk with you soon.

Sue VanDeVusse said...

What beautiful results you achieved on those leaves, stunning! Love the subtle spritzing, too. Your tree card is a beautiful design, too. Love the placement of the tree with the masked and inked oval.

Cheri said...

Stunning, SS! I love that simple tree against the oval of autumn color. Great design! So love seeing you in the challenges at The House! Hugs.

Chris Dring said...

OMG, Ina! These cards are oh so stunning! The stamped leaves on the first are gorgeous, and I love the inked oval as the background for that tree stamp! Wow!

Lisa Kind said...

Gelatos! Now there's one medium I haven't used in a while! You got great results with yours! Lovely cards!