Pages

Saturday 18 March 2017

It's Colour Week at Just Us Girls


Time for our Colour Challenge at
Just Us Girls and Hostess for this week is
Our Lovely Lisa.
choosing the colours below.
Now as most of you know purple is my
favourite (and Judy's) colour so this pleased me no end.
***
This is a fairly simple card in which I used metallic paper.
I cut out a corner with a SB die to lay my flowers into.
I inked up some water colour paper
with TH Victorian Velvet/Seedless Preserves
and Spun Sugar adding a small amount 
of Iridescent Medium for a bit of shimmer.
I then  punched the flowers with 
my MS poinsettia punches
(something I haven't used in ages) 
randomly putting them in their place.
Added some grey leaves and fern.
I found this tiny piece of silver corrugated cardboard
in my bits box and cut my XOXO 
and cutting a second one in grey cs for backing.
I finished off with added gems and sequins
in colours to match.
***
Hope you will pop over to 
Our Blog to see how these fabulous colours
inspired our March Guest Nance and
my Team Mates then join us. In doing so
you could be chosen as Chic of the Week.
***
Thanks for dropping in today.
Till next time - Cherrio from






12 comments:

Verna Angerhofer said...

A truly magnificent card design. I just love that cluster of flowers on it. Awesome colors too.

Judy Woodland said...

This is really stunning, Ina. I love the idea of watercoloring and then punching out. What a wonderful tip, I will remember it. And yes - PURPLE!!!!! Sometimes the planets align and we get lucky with a color challenge..ha ha. I think this card is just so beautiful, it begs to be pinned!!!

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

This is so very beautiful!!! I love the dimension and the colors on those flowers!

Cheryl Wright said...

This is fabulous Ina!!! I love all the beautiful colours, and the wonderful textures.

Sue VanDeVusse said...

This is stunning! Your flowers are gorgeous and I love how you arranged them. The sentiment with the corrugated silver is a perfect addition along with the bling.

Nancy said...

LOVE!!!! The sentiment really takes this card to another level! Love the way you brought the grey color back around with the leaves too. This card has GREAT balance Ina!

Chris Dring said...

WOW! What an absolutely STUNNING card, Ina! LOVE all those pretty, shimmery flowers, and your gray accents are perfect!

Bobby said...

What an excellent bouquet, Ina. I love the variation of colors in the little blossoms.

Lisa Kind said...

That cluster of flowers you created is beautiful! So glad I could satisfy your purple addiction with this color challenge! Lovely card!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Fun layered flowers - great use of the colors

Nance said...

Oh I love this, Ina! Purple is my favorite color too! This is gorgeous and how clever using your poinsettia dies, may have to "borrow" that tip!

Helen said...

Ina this card is just amazing. I just love the gorgeous colours of the punched flowers and the die cut sentiment. Stunning!!! I must ty something like this.