Pages

Saturday 3 March 2018

A 'Tissue' - no I don't have the flu!

Hi there Crafty Friends!
Over at Sisters of Snarky Stampers they have their
current challenge which is T for Tissue so
popping this tissue card over to their Gallery!


I had all intentions of getting out a colourful napkin
or to use a bit more tissue than what I landed up doing here.
(May yet get time to do just that)
but I saw a card similar on Pinterest Here so decided to case it.
When I found it again - 
 because I hadn't saved it I realized it was made
by one of my blog followers and she lives just
south of the border. Thanks Cathy for the inspiration.
You can find her card details at Cathys Card Spot.
Also I used the same STAMPlorations sentiment
with white embossing powder - 
and great minds again - the same MB Branch.
My card base is a coppery metallic paper and
topped with a lighter grainy metallic paper.
I cut the circle for my moon with a Spellbinder die then
glued some scrunched up tissue paper onto it.
This is where I differed from Cathy's card by brushing
Perfect Pearls in White & Heirloom Gold
while some of the glue was still wet.

Here is a close up of the textured tissue.

I then sealed it with Clear Gel Medium.
My little bird is from Kaisercraft.
This and the branch were touched up with 
the Perfect Pearls as above. 
To add interest I then added some white lines
with a gel pen.
Till next time - Cherrio from





17 comments:

Cathy said...

Hi Ina, what an honour that you're caseing my card! Thank you. I love the different texture you achieved on your moon and the neutral colour palette. Have a great weekend, what's left of it lol! Cathy x

Jane Willis said...

What a beautiful moon, and an amazing technique. Thank you for sharing it with us at SOSS
Jane

aussie aNNie said...

Amazing texture Ina, fabulous result.💖 [Aussie aNNie's Blog]

Helen said...

Such a clever idea for the moon, Ina! It looks so real! Love that gorgeous background paper - sets off the moon so well!

Judy Woodland said...

Love, love, love that look. I think tissue paper is highly neglected. I don't use it much, but always like what happens when I do. Your design is so perfect, and that moon looks so real. We had a full moon last night and it looked like that. Could hardly sleep it was so bright outside!

Cheri said...

Beautiful CASE of Cathy's card, SS. Love that tissue technique!

Verna Angerhofer said...

This is so gorgeous and well designed. Great way to make the moon too!

Lindsey said...

So smart to use tissue to add texture to your moon, it looks perfect! A gorgeous card. Thanks for joining the fun at the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers!

Bobby said...

So soft and serene, Ina, with a touch of texture in the moon and some shine in the metallic paper.

Barbara Godden said...

fantastic moon and an awesome card, Thanks for playing T is for Tissue with us at the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers.

lostinpaper said...

A great technique with so much texture, how very clever!

Mac Mable said...

That textured tissue technique makes a wonderful moon. Yes Cathy is a great inspiration to me too x Gorgeous card and love the white on the 'linen' metallic effect x

Dotty Jo said...

So simple and yet so very effective! What a super technique and a lovely card. Thanks so much for joining the fun at SoSS, Jo x

Loll said...

Beautiful neutral colours for your peaceful scene, Ina. The moon is amazing with all the texture. Great design!! xx

Chelle (PhotoArt/MaybeCreative) said...

Gorgeous card. Thanks for joining the sisterhood

Majo said...

Wow! Such a cool idea and it came out so elegant! Thanks for joining the fun at the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers!

Majo - DT ♥

Chris Dring said...

Wow Ina, your card is very elegant! Love the technique you used for the moon! Thanks for joining our tissue challenge at the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers!