Pages

Sunday 16 February 2020

A 'Reminder' for CAS Mix Up Card Challenge

It's 'Reminder Time'  at CAS Mix Up for their
February Challenge to use a die cut as a stencil.
I have made two cards as part of my 
Guest Designer Spot this month.
I guess you could say I was going round in circles.


I cut cut several different sized circles from 
a SB die for my stencil and simply inked
up Tim's Abandoned Coral, Peeled Paint
and Fossilized Amber.
Added some stamping using Gina K Amalgam Ink
circles from Visible Image Stamps.
Lightly sprayed with SU Champagne Mist.
Die cut sentiment is from Impression Obsession.
Inked around the edges in black and adhered to white card base.
My Mix is - Stencil from Die Cut, Stamping,
Sponging and die Cutting.


I had all the colours above on my desk so 
thought I would play around with stenciling again.
My background is dry embossed from an old CB folder.
My circles are sponged then added interest using
Distress Crackle Paint. I then distressed the edges and popped it.
The die I used for my stencil didn't cut clearly 
with my CB so luckily I kept it and cut around the edges
and adhered it in the opposite direction adding more interest.
Scored above and below the embossed background
and either side of my Paper Smooches Sentiment.
Finished with some clear gems.

Here's a close up showing the crackle background
and the acetate cut out.

My Mix here is - Stencil from Die Cut, Stamping,
Dry Embossing, Clear Crackle Paint, Distressing



You still have time to play this month so 
hurry along and get your entries in by the 24th.
head over to see what the Talented Designers made
as their reminders.
A Big Thank You to Bonnie and Loll
for inviting me to be your Guest this month.
It has been an honour and great pleasure to do so.




11 comments:

Jo said...

I adore this funky design, truly original. Great colour palette too.
Thanks you so much for being our very special guest at CAS Mix Up!
It has been a true pleasure xx

Bonnie said...

I love how you go round in circles, Ina! Such colorful circles are so much fun and you've made two fantastic cards! Thanks so much for being our Guest Designer this month! Wonderful inspiration!

Loll said...

I LOVE both these cards Ina! Gorgeous colours and love the random circles on your first card. The added stamping of black circles and the fabulous large die-cut sentiment really make this an amazing design!! Your second card is AWESOME. Again with those gorgeous colours, texture from the dry embossed white background, and then the crackle and the acetate sheet over the circles ... so clever and creative! Thanks for being our Guest Deisgner this month at CAS Mix Up! xx

Ros Crawford said...

What a fabulous artsy card!! I love it! Thanks so much for guesting with us this month!

Judy Woodland said...

Man, these are so fabulous, I love everything about them. Your colors are so unusual but go so well together, and those circles are perfect. Both of these cards are really creative and over-the-top wonderful!!!

Carol L said...

Both cards are wonderful with all the circles and embossing. The colors are quite pretty and in spite of all the colors used, the cards still remain CAS. Perfect!

Papercraft Boutique said...

Both cards are wonderful and so unique, Ina! The stenciled circles are so fun and the black circles make a great accent. The inked edges match the style and color of the circles. And what a great idea to layer an acetate die cut-out to stenciled circles! The panel has so much interest. Thank you so much for being our Guest Designer at CAS Mix Up!
Hideko xx

Verna Angerhofer said...

Your circle stenciled cards are so wonderful! I love the fabulous colors too. CAS perfection with all of them.

*Vicki* said...

Your really rocked the circles on this one Ina! Really love the way you've incorporated the textures and circles into your design all over!! :)

Linda said...

WOW! these look soooo cool! I love the colours you've used and the black stamping on the first design looks really striking.
I also love how you've used the acetate layer on your second card .... very clever.
Thank you for being such an awesome GD this month xx

Mac Mable said...

Fabulous cards, both of them Ina and wonderful inspiration for your guesting at CAS Mix Up x. Both cards look retro in style and what great colours and design. Fabulous how you mixed the medias in card number two and keeping it CAS x.