Pages

Saturday 28 March 2020

Photo Week at Just Us Girls

It's Photo Week at Just Us Girls 
Welcome to my Saturday Posting.




With this lovely photo having a field of different coloured poppies 
oops! they are tulips. Better look closer next time!
I decided to make two cards.
Seems like my Poppy Stamps have had a bit of a work out 
in the last few weeks.



My first card is heat embossed in black
with JustRite Poppies and coloured with Magical's.
I added a water washed background
and some splatters that turned out bigger
than I had wanted.
Sentiment is from STAMPlorations,
finished with a bow and on to light blue card base.


Second card is a Rubbernecker Poppy
inked with Nuvo Solar Flare Powder,
Brilliant Red Brusho's,
Lindy's Cuckoo Clock Cardinal and
Cathedral Pines Green onto watercolour paper.
Added some splatter (much better on this card)
Attached to and embossed background
from Kaisercraft  and on to white card base.
Sentiment is from SU.

Don't forget to check out what our Guest Vicki Hayes
and the Team created. Come join us this week
and by being chosen Chic of the Week
you could be chosen to be our Guest in May.
Thanks for dropping in and a Big Thank You to Vicki
for being a fabulous Guest this month.


13 comments:

Shona Erlenborn said...

You are on a poppy run, and making beautiful art with them. They are both stunning. Thanks for the inspiration - I have that Rubbernecker stamp!

Carol L said...

What a lovely pair of poppy cards, and each one is colored so beautifully! Love the embossing on the 2nd one too!

Verna Angerhofer said...

Absolutely beautiful cards with those pretty flowers. Great colors and a perfect take on the photo.

lostinpaper said...

You can never go wrong with a poppy and both of your designs are beautiful INa! I especially love the oranges in the second card!

Vicky Hayes said...

I love how we all interpret things differently Ina - I definitely saw the flowers as tulips! Your gorgeous poppies work beautifully. I love how you coloured them loosely like this and added splatters which just enhance the whole look. And what a gorgeous embossed background too *gets out wish list yet again*
Thanks so much for having me this month. You are wonderful hostesses! Vicky x

Mac Mable said...

Both cards are so pretty Ina and both are beautifully 'coloured' x. Fun splats and the looseness of the second card is fabulous x.

Vicki Dutcher said...

Love the 2nd card with the nice and bright use of the colors!

cm said...

A duo of gorgeous cards, Ina, that have certainly brightened my day! Smiling!
hugs~carol

Sue VanDeVusse said...

These are both stunning! I love the blending of the colors with a dreamy effect. Stay safe!

Nancy said...

A twofer!! Love both of them Ina! I really love the way you watercolored the background on the first one. It matches the blue cardstock perfectly! Then your second card is so bright and cheerful! Stay safe!

aussie aNNie said...

These are gorgeous, was sure I commented on these.x

Lisa Kind said...

Lovely cards, Ina! Great watercoloring and the spatters are perfect IMHO!

Bobby said...

Sounds like your have a wide array of powders, Ina. I love what you've done with them on the second card.