Pages

Saturday 9 October 2021

It's Trend Week at Just Us Girls

Hello and Welcome to todays card for
Just Us Girls . It's Trend Week and 
Hosting is Sue choosing something I have
never attempted before - 


and it sure threw a curve ball at me.
It wasn't as easy as the Talented Jennifer McGuire
showed us Here
After umteen attempts this is what I finished with.


I had heat embossed my stencil but didn't turn out
as I wanted and nearly threw it away also then decided
to heat emboss again in green - ok that worked.
I then cut out my leaf and heat embossed that
with several colours adding some
Magical Powder and Wax.
I cut out a peek a boo die, popped on to
coloured card base.
Added coloured threads for interested
and a simple sentiment. 
Pop over and see how our Guest Nora
and the Team made their cards.
Thanks for dropping in


11 comments:

Verna Angerhofer said...

Beautiful with all the layers of embossed leaves and gorgeous colors!

ElizStewart said...

Ina... I think all of us had multiple attempts! The green embossing powder, though, was inspired. Definitely made your card special!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Nice save! This end result is awesome!

Judy Woodland said...

This is just awesome. I love your design and the dimension is just fabulous!!! Very cool card!

Sue VanDeVusse said...

Glad you didn't give up on this, great results with that beautiful green! Love that addition of the heat embossed leaf in the multiple colors. Thanks for embracing this challenge!

Shona Erlenborn said...

I love it Ina! Thanks for sharing the video too! That looks like a lot of fun to try!

Mac Mable said...

WOW this is stunning Ina and I am so glad you persevered. One artsy, unique and amazing card x.

Nancy said...

Way to kick it up a notch and use two colors! I am glad you stuck with this panel as the end result is gorgeous!

Helen said...

A wonderful card Ina!! VEry special!! Love the colour combination you used!!! :)

Bobby said...

I don't know what the problem was, Ina, but you persevered and ended up with a gorgeous card. I love the fern you added. It looks like you plucked it right off the plant.

Cécile RIBON said...

Wow! Using this embossing technique and paired it with a peek-a-boo die cut is a brilliant idea, Ina. I must remember this and give it a try!