Pages

Friday 7 July 2023

Creative Artiste Mixed Media Make

 The new Anything Goes Mixed Media Challenge at


After a long hiatus Mo & Jo have returned to help me out
with this MIxed Media project. 
It's good to be back in the swing of things with visitors
and holidays all behind me.
I have an abundance of collected straws so thought
I would put a few to ink and wax.
Started my background with a gessoed 5/7 canvas



Sorry these two photos were taken with the light above my work desk.

Added AA metallic paint and wax
placing the straws and chipboard pieces.
I then added bits and bobs from my stash
waxing as I went. The right hand corner is
an old Cuttlebug die I thought filled a space as I couldn't find
a suitable sentiment.
Splatters from my gold posca pen.
Added coloured stones, glitter and pearls.
Found a laser cut butterfly that fitted in nicely
and my project was complete.

Some close ups to show the detail!




We have Michelle
as our Guest this month so hop over and
check out what mixed media creations
we have all made for your inspiration.
Sure hope you get time to  add yours to the Gallery.
Thanks for taking time out to visit today.









3 comments:

Judy McKay said...

Ina, WOW!! Love your design and all those stunning details. Have a creative week and I am looking forward to your August project. Hugs Judy

https://shinebrightandcreate@blogspot.com/ said...

This is stunning, I absolutely love this canvas Michelle x

Fiona said...

Wow Ina this is so stunning - I love the use of those straws and the way some of them echo the keys on your piece- what a great way to recycle them. I think I need more wax in my life. I just love the gorgeous rich colours you've used here.