Pages

Saturday 8 July 2023

Seashells by the Seashore!

 Welcome to today's post for Just Us Girls
Nancy is Hosting and I am sure she is thinking of the seaside
with the WORD -Seashells for this weeks Word Challenge.


I wanted to do something a little different for this one
and really did go way outside the box starting with
a seaside paper napkin attached to card base.
Then it all went from there.
The seaside has fish nets and shells abounding right!
so up to the shed I went and raided the
shell grit we give to our chickens.
There are two types there - some very tiny
and others more realistic.
The fish net is of course cheesecloth
for the shells to lay on. The hardest part was
waiting for the gel medium to dry
setting the shells in place. I did add some
clear crackle on a few items but hard to see.
Glossy accents on the bird and some shimmer
here and there.
Computer generated text to finish.

I took a couple of close ups to show you better detail
of all the different shells - 




I had so much fun creating this Mixed Media project - 
now head over and see what our Guest Kristen and
my Talented Team Mates created.
Love to see you get out those seashell supplies
and add yours to our Gallery. 
Thanks for visitng.
Love to read your thoughts on my seashell piece.
Update! Just found a few new challenges to add this to
thanks to a friend. It is The Inspired Challenge






10 comments:

Carol said...

I had forgotten about the napkin technique and need to give it a try again. You embraced the theme this week with vigor and I think you could put this in a shadow box to get out each summer! Sounds like it was fun to make too!

Vicki Dutcher said...

This turned out awesome! Well done 👍

cm said...

Ina, your mixed media card is awesome, especially with the 'real' shells you've incorporated. WOW! As in super cool, sensational WOW!
hugs~carol

Nancy said...

This should be put in a shadow box or some type of frame! You definitely took my word and ran with it! So impressed, Ina!

Sue VanDeVusse said...

This is one amazing creation! I love that you used a napkin on this beautiful, mixed media creation. I agree with Nancy, this should definitely be framed out in a shadowbox and proudly displayed!

Lisa Elton said...

I agree with the others, Ina, you need to frame this fabulous work of art!

Bobby said...

How incredible that you added real seashells to your card, Ina. What a wonderful work of art!

Julia Aston said...

what a great card using real shells! this will have to be hand deliverd or sent in a box - but what fun and so creative!

Laurel said...

What a stunning card! Love the use of the shells. Thanks so much for playing along at Inspired By!

Lisa Kind said...

Wow Ina! You really got creative for this challenge! What a cool card!