Pages

Thursday 9 November 2017

It's for 'Remembrance Day'


Each year I make a Poppy Card for
Remembrance Day in Australia.
The reason for this is - 
Armistice Day is on 11 November and is also known as Remembrance Day.
 It marks the day World War One ended, 
at 11am on the 11th day of the 11th month, back in 1918.
 A two-minute silence is held at 11am to remember the people who have died in wars.

This was timely as the current challenge - 
Thank You/Thanksgiving was chosen by Tammy
 over at  Cardz 4 Galz

I started with cutting my card stock with a stitched die then
adding texture paste to my MB Texture Distressed Grid
 and while that was drying
I cut out my MB Poppy twice - once for the green stem
then for the flower in a red shimmery paper.
I offset the bottom poppy slightly to show the
green background. I then cut a white leaf from Kaisercraft.
I lightly sponged Tim's Festive Berries over the dry texture paste
and added my poppy. A teeny weeny bow from Waffle Flower
was added to finish.
I then added a stitched die frame from kraft paper
and attached to my white card base.
The Thank You is a die cut from a friend and was inked with
Tim's Antique Linen to match.

Thanks for dropping in today.







11 comments:

Karen Dunbrook said...

stunning card for Remembrance Day...it is on the 11th here in Canada as well.
A very important card to remember a very important time and to recognize the sacrifice of so many.
xx Karen

lostinpaper said...

Such a beautiful card Ina

Helen said...

I really love this card Ina. So simple but the red just pops. I must admit red and poppies is a great combo for me!

Shona Erlenborn said...

So pretty Ina! Love the background and the offset poppy is gorgeous.

Judy Woodland said...

Lovely - interesting that Armistice Day for you is our Veteran's Day, isn't it? Love what you have done with that poppy, and the white leaf is perfect along with that pretty bow. Beautiful card!

Cheri said...

This is beautiful, SS. I love the texture paste bg sponging. It makes the poppies stand out beautifully. Gorgeous card.

Kathy Krug said...

I love the elegance, texture and dimension of this CAS design. Beautiful job, Ina.

Verna Angerhofer said...

Your card is so gorgeous!

Mac Mable said...

Elegant and beautiful and so appropriate. Gorgeous textural background with the paste x

Linda said...

A beautiful card Ina for such an important occasion.

Bobby said...

This is lovely, Ina, and perfect for the commemoration.