Pages

Friday 3 June 2022

Love Me a THISTLE!

It's time for our New Anything Goes Mixed Media Challenge at 



This piece came about after I was watching
the Talented Tracy Evans use her
AALL&Create Thistle #334.
I had only just recently purchased mine
so decided to ink it up.
The background is done on the gel press
and after a long hiatus I needed lots of practice.
I eventually got three then inked my thistle.


I landed up using the middle one.
I found after watching Tracy that the best stamp pad
to use is VersaFine Clair. Lucky I have a few.


I then did some random inking, some
crackle stencilling (as I do) and strips of washi tape - 
 also from AALL& Create.
I am so glad we have a store here in Oz that sells
these amazing products. 
Inked a ring around the thistle, added some
heather flower soft to part of it and
found the lovely wool to add a nice touch.


Lightly inked the edges and a bit of distressing.
I found the lovely soft green pearlized card stock 
that blended nicely and attached to finish. 

Head over to our Blog and check out what my
Fabulous Talented Team Mates created this month.
We would love to see yours in our Gallery. 
You just need multiple mediums to join in the fun.

Thanks for dropping in for a visit. Love reading your comments.






7 comments:

Annie said...

I really love your thistle art piece, Ina! Of course it’s better to have them on paper than in real life (unless you want them on purpose), they can be quite beautiful in their own right. We were always fighting them on the farm. You’ve done a gorgeous job with this thistle.

Mac Mable said...

What a fun day you had playing with the gel press and what a fabulous mixed media Thistle creation Ina x.

Let's Art Journal said...

Wow, what a gorgeous make! I can see how you were inspired, the thistle stamp is so beautiful 😁. Thanks for the inspiration and wishing you a happy June! Hugs Jo x

Judy Woodland said...

I love me some thistle too - AND I think of you every time I see one. TRUE STORY!!! Your creation is simply amazing, and I especially love it because it's purple!!! Thanks for the great inspiration!!!

Andree said...

A super project Ina. The thistle stamp, delicate colours and touches of texture are all fabulous xx

Lys said...

The combination between gel press background and the stamp is gorgeous, and I love the purple colour.

Judy McKay said...

Beautiful effect. Very creative Ina. Have a creative month. Judy